Fences are an important part of your property. It offers protection against wild animals and potential burglars. It also provides safety for house pets and small children. At the same time, it enhances your property’s aesthetic value.
In other words, having a fence installed can provide a sense of security and privacy for your home. Regardless of the fence type, it should serve its ultimate purpose. You can find at least one professional and reliable fence contractor in Tooele for your fencing needs.
Popular types of fences
Before buying a fence, you should know the different choices you have. Each fence type has its advantages, so make sure to choose which one will work for you best.
There are fence types that will suit your budget. Nonetheless, the fence type should offer the same function of providing security and safety within the property.
Among popular types of fences include:
- Aluminum. One of the most popular types of fences is made from aluminum. It comes in different designs to suit your liking. It can withstand harsh weather and is low-maintenance, too.
You could even opt to paint it into a different color depending on your needs. It’s lightweight as well, so installation and logistics may not be a big deal.
- Wrought iron. Another popular fencing choice is wrought iron. Like aluminum fences, wrought iron can also withstand harsh outdoor elements.
It is also available in different attractive designs that can complement your house. To maintain its beauty, it should be repainted and sanded every three years, at most.
- Vinyl. In terms of material flexibility and strength, vinyl is a good choice. It also looks good in any property. Vinyl fences are also easy to maintain and can last for many years. It is also a cheaper fencing option if you have a limited budget.
- Electric. It may sound barbaric, but it can work for some homes. It is more recommended for homes with dogs that are prone to straying outside your property. It can also be used to prohibit wild animals (if you live near the woods) from entering your property.
- PVC. This type of fencing is the cheapest among the bunch. They are sturdy although to serve its protective purpose. Likewise, it can also resist weather and last for several years. It also comes in different designs, color, and height, depending on your need.
- Wood. This is a type of fencing that never goes out of style. It is also affordable and offers privacy. Its longevity and quality depend on the wood material used.
Choosing the best type of fence
Before choosing a fence, you should remember the following. This is to make sure you get the most out of your investment — that is, installing a fence in your property.
Why you want to install a fence
Is it to provide privacy? Do you want to shoo away wild animals attempting to invade your property? Is it to prevent your small child or pet from straying from your home? These questions will help you on your quest for the perfect fence.
Time for maintaining your fence
You can choose a fence that is easy to maintain, such as aluminum or PVC. Meanwhile, you can replace parts of a wood fence in case of damage.
If you choose to hire a fence contractor, make sure they know your local area’s standards. Follow the standard measurements allowed within your area to avoid having problems in the future.